We have our next working bee on Saturday 30 July from 9am at the Coolamatong Range. The list of jobs we are hoping to undertake are below:
1. Range fence danger signs to be inspected and replaced as required
Quad/dirt bike (if possible) or a bit of walking
Signs and cable ties provided
Pair of sidecutters to remove existing signs if required
Recommended two person job
Boundary fences plan will be provided
2. Painting of Shipping Container.
Paint (John Gibson to source)
Brush down to remove loose dust and materials prior to painting
Heat gun to remove old plastic signs from end of container prior to painting.
240v or battery powered paint sprayer (subject to weather, otherwise paint rollers)
3. Painting of range structure fascia boards and vertical supports in mission brown
Paint available on site
Brush down to remove cobwebs, loose dust and materials prior to painting
Brushes, rollers and paint trays
4. Diesel Generator oil change
Replacement oil filters available
Oil (John Gibson to check and source supply)
1. Staple removal from target frames and backing boards
Battery powered angle grinder is recommended for this (Hearing protection required)
Alternativley, manual staple remover is available
2. Repair of metallic silhouette targets and target frames
MIG Welder and welding gear (Generator on site)
3. Yard work - line trimming/mowing carpark area
2 to 3 people maximum required
Bring line trimmer or hand mower
4. Filling of wombat and rabbit holes around toilet block, water tanks and western side of buildings.
Bags of cement
Water (on site)
1. General Maintenance and Cleaning
Brooms, cobweb brooms, dust pans, shop wet/dry vacuums
Electrical or petrol garden blowers
Hope to see you all there!
Please register your intention to attend using the button below so that we can determine catering requirements for lunch.